I'm running late and don't need an excuse, 'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.

So I pretty much ended my heels vendetta and promptly bought three new pairs. I love, love, LOVE them all so much, but have not yet had the chance to wear them, as my uni break and recent unemployment means that I am basically laying on the couch like a slob 80% of the time (the other 20% is sleeping, obviously. Actually it's more of a 50-50 split). Anyway, I got these electric blue, studded boots from Myer (on sale, from $100 down to $34), and the clogs and leopard-print booties from Rubi Shoes, bought in a buy one, get one half price deal.

The clogs are actually the most comfortable out of the three, despite their precarious height, and the leopard boots are definitely the least comfortable. They don't have much support around the toe - by now I am used to a platform of some kind - and so they reeeally start to hurt the front of my foot after a while. They may be delegated to dinner-and-movie shoes before long. As for the Miss Shop ones, I have to say that ankle boots usually make me look a bit Stumpytown. BUT I have two pairs from Miss Shop that I deem suitable and while not exactly leg-lengthening, they do NOT make me feel like more of a hobbit than I already am. Points to Myer!

Miss Shop from Myer boots, worn with Jonathon Aston gold knee-high socks

Rubi wedge boots, worn with red tights from David Jones

Rubi clogs, worn with my scarily pale legs




  1. Love those clogs, I might have to visit Rubi shoes!

  2. LOVE THE BLUE BOOTS!!! I know what you mean about ankle boots cutting off the length of your legs and making you look stumpy. I've opted to wearing booties, it's a nice inbetween. And those clogs!!!! bring back the 90's.

  3. Oh. My. GOODNESS. Those shoes! S-e-x-y. That's money well spent, Tara!

  4. Megan - Do iiit! The only clogs I've seen before that were at Sportsgirl and they were about $160! These were $50 and I think that's all I'm willing to spend on such a trend item!
    Amber - Yes! Booties are the best. Haha I was not cool enough to be wearing clogs in the 90s so this is my first love affair with them!
    Corrine/Frock & Roll - Thank you my darling! I am glad to have approval of my spending habits! ;)

  5. Ah! I love all those shoes, especially the clogs!


Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!